Transcription & typing services for old handwritten letters, journals, deeds, documents ...
We transcribe all handwritten personal and business materials. We are expert at reading early American handwriting ... and at deciphering just plain bad handwriting!!
- Maritime logbooks and journals
- University archives materials
- Immigration records
- Old wills
- Property deeds
- Land surveys and field notes
- Travel diaries
- Hand-written family trees & genealogies
- Bundles of family letters
- Yellowed newspaper articles and obituaries ...
- ... and even a box of old family recipes!
Contact us and let us help you get what you need from your documents. No project is too small!
“As a historian, I am frequently in need of critical information, which is often locked away in longhand, Old English script. Jeanne expertly assessed my documents and provided accurate transcriptions. Her services are essential when facing complex research projects."
- Tracy Rookard Shaw, Author, Historian
“We had a large, multi-year transcription project consisting of documents dating back to 1852. Ashcraft Historical Transcription took ownership of this project, coming in under budget and finishing in less than the allotted time. Jeanne took the time to do the necessary relevant research, which is evident in her high-quality work product. She is conscientious, flexible, and very easy to work with.”
- City Secretary’s Office, City of Corpus Christi, Texas, 2020